French Teaching BA Learning Outcomes
- Language and Linguistics. Candidates are proficient at the advanced level in French and understand its underlying linguistic elements.
- Cultures and Literatures. Candidates analyze and compare the cultures and practices that create French and Francophone cultures. They use literary texts of the French speaking world to teach the values of these cultures.
- Language Acquisition Theories and Instructional Strategies. Candidates understand language acquisition theory, create supportive learning environments, and use a variety of instructional techniques.
- Planning Instruction and Integration of Standards. Candidates plan instruction based upon knowledge of subject matter, students, goals, and accepted national and state standards.
- Assessment. Candidates understand and use formal and informal assessment strategies to evaluate performance, identify needs, provide feedback, and adjust instructional strategies.
- Professionalism. Candidates reflect on their instructional choices and actions and foster relationships with school colleagues, parents, and the larger community. They seek opportunities to develop professionally and to strengthen their own language and cultural competencies.