French Teaching Minor Learning Outcomes
- Develop "proficiency" in:
- writing, speaking and listening in a variety of living as well as professional contexts
- reading various text types (newspapers, literature, college-level texts) with a high-level of comprehension
- Learn to use writing as a process of discovery by composing academic essays that work toward mature thinking, the orderly development of ideas, and vigorous argument.
- Learn to recognize and comment intelligently on the major periods and contributions of French and Francophone literature and history.
- Learn to appreciate the role of aesthetic experience in human experience generally, including both the universal and culturally contingent traits of the beautiful.
- Are equipped with the linguistic competence, general habits of thought and expression, and pedagogical training, both theoretical and practical, for professional work in foreign language teaching.