MA French Studies Handbook: Fren 690R Petition
French 690R is reserved for graduate students working with a faculty member on readings that cannot be obtained in a regularly scheduled course. The official form required to set the course up can be obtained from the department secretary.
- Students must work with their faculty advisor and the department secretary to register for this course.
- Individual readings may not be used as a substitute for any course taught in the department or other departments.
- Students may register for variable credit hours (1-3) in French 690R. (No more than 3 hours may be applied to the minimum of 24 hours of course work for the Master of Arts degree.)
- Students are to devote at least as much time to this class as they would for a regularly scheduled class. One hour classes meet one hour per week with about two hours of preparation outside of class--approximately 45 hours per semester per credit hour.
- Students must confer on a regular basis with the faculty member and complete all conferences, reading, writing, and examination assignments, as contracted with the faculty member, in order to receive credit for the course.